PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2007, 07:01
Turkish777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE:AB

Hi

Yes I just completed a TR on the B737 and within 3 days of applying they got back to me with an interview date. I disagree with having to pay for TR's but unfortunately the industry has changed and now it seems almost mandatory, like the MCC which used to be paid by the airlines years ago.

I know the pay is not great but look at Ryan Air, they pay 1200 Euros a month for quite some time plus the training is 35,000 Euros. Some people are going via Eagle Jet which means you pay the Airlines to fly thier planes for free which I think is taking the piss, you have to draw the line some where.

Im really hoping I get this job contrary to some of the posts here. I think that being a native English speaker I might hold a few English classes in the crew room as this does seem to be a weak spot . As long as the Capt's understand the words 'Go around', 'Pull up', 'Terrain' I will be happy haha...my interview is next week and I still do not know what time to turn up even after emailing asking several times...common sense tells me to just arrive around 9AM....

PS.storlax..I applied online to AB about 6 months WITHOUT a TR and I heard nothing at all, and as I said as soon as I re applied with a TR they contacted me almost immediately.

Last edited by Turkish777; 6th Oct 2007 at 07:49.