PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2007, 01:03
HANOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twinjet69
No , not "forever the protective one". Have only been back a few months after a seventeen year absence . I have not said I feel management has done a "sterling" job. I am only talking about the most recent problem which resulted in much bad press . The leased Viva Macau B767 shed all sorts of bits from a thrust reverser on landing BNE last Friday. QF had some bits but the cover had to come from Lufthansa-Technik in Shenzen , China . It would not fit on a pax aircraft and had to wait for a CX Freighter. Altogether the B767 was AOG for five days . Much effort was put in by some people trying to arrange alternative uplift of booked pax and cargo to/from SYD/BNE plus SIN/MNL/HKG etc.
I am only responding to your comment about "PX management producing further monumental eff ups", which I felt was unfair given the circumstances.
I do not defend management decisions of the last 15 years.
Re "equivalent renumeration (sic)" , I am not here to "feather my own nest" and people who know me would know that.
In fact , just lately, I have stood in Boroko FoodWorld Supermarket pondering whether I should buy another packet of breakfast muesli
MACH.8
Not a Boeing salesman ( wouldn't mind the commissions ).
Yes , after 52 years in the industry and total 20 years in PNG in various tours , I am one part of PX management that wants to try and keep the show on the road but it is becoming blary difficult.
Good questions on the B757.
The Icelandair team ,( their professionalism is frightening ), have assured us of the capabilities of their aircraft on the PX network , however I will put your questions to them and see what their response is.