PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast bag drop name dropped!
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 21:32
SXB
Riding the Euro Gravy Plane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you stay in job where you are being abused and spat at (literally) for £980 a month?
Certainly not. But are you saying £980 per month is not the market rate for such a role ? From what I gather staff retention is a problem in most of the UK's customer service industries. Some companies deal with it better than others.

As I said, it is the "management" of these issues that will make the difference. Personally, I would like airlines to be more pro-active in ensuring passengers are advised of the baggage allowances during the booking process however from my experience it is the passengers that are fully aware of their allowances but will approach the check-in desk in defiance that are the cause of some of the congestion.
I'm more concerned about the airlines standard of service when processing passengers with baggage which exceeds their standard allowance. I often travel with large amounts of luggage and the system for payment and process seems to differ in every airport. Sometimes you can pay at checkin, sometimes you have to go to a different part of the airport etc, etc. Only yesterday I was 13kgs over the limit at PRN and at checkin I was told I had to go to the other side of the airport, have my luggage weighed and then pay the appropriate fee. I informed the checkin agent that she could take care of this for me and I would wait in the coffee bar for her to bring the bill. She was happy to get someone to do this, try doing that at LHR or LGW and see how far you get.