PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380 Maintenance thread (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 14:18
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romulus
A question you didn't answer directly.
Reason being is you are treating your employees like a complete "see u next Tuesday".
Actually the question was more like "will you stop treating your employees..." which is one of those questions that cannot be answered in any reasonable way. Hence the return question which was of the same ilk.

As you have you work your guys on 19 hr days
This is simply incorrect.

, 15 days straight
As is this

[/quote]
, split shifts
[/quote]

this is potentially true, can't say I am aware of any sitations where it is excessive but it is certainly possible.

, no fatigue or human factors taken into account with your rostering
we go back to being compeltely incorrect, we are well aware of human factors issues and they are ALWAYS a consideration

, that's if you even bother to roster some of your employees
there are several interpretations to this one, elaborate and I'll get back to you

and prevent fair representation
Clearly incorrect given the President of the ACTU herself negotiated the collective agreement

that probably accounts for such a stupid response as "have you stopped molesting children".
Nope, what accounts for that is an initial question of the smae ilk from another.

And yes, I shouldn't have responded the way I did, I think you'll live however.

I think you need a holiday from the forum!
thankyou for your concern, I'm fine actually

You don't have enough staff to cover the contracts you have now,
We've expanded from approx 120 to over 200 full timers, pretty much all in
genuine workforce areas and there are more offers being made all the time. We'll keep growing as long as we can win work to justify employing people.

Plus we're already declining to bid for some opportunities for exactly the reasons outlined.

let alone pick up the QF A380 work and take the people off the floor to carry out the required training.
Beleive it or not we'veactually thought about that.

So have Qantas.

And guess what - how we intend todeal with that formed a key part of our submission.

Have a great weekend