PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - What are they like to work for?
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 13:19
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Hirsutesme,

Whilst some of what appears on Ryanairs website is probably spin, we have also seen that flybe are guilty of that as well. Obviously it would depend on where you live and basing etc, but if you can get the base you want at Ryan air they claim to offer DECs a package upto £100k as opposed to 82k at Flybe, and a fixed 5 on 4 off roster with no planned nightstops as opposed to 5 on 2 off with night stops wherever required at short notice as crewing try to keep the show running (not their fault, I would add).

Remembering that a DEC at Ryan air doesn't pay up front for training if type rated as do the low houred recruits, I stand by my statement that a pilot with the hours for a command at either company would be better off at Ryan air, and that is backed up, I'm afraid, by the views of a couple of Ryan air captains I have spoken to recently who 18 months ago were Flybe 146 captains.

What I didn't say was that Flybe were worse than Ryan air - apart from anything else I have no personal experience of Ryan air so wouldn't be qualified to judge. I would suggest that for anyone other than a hire houred DEC with medium/heavy jet command experience Flybe is certainly better, but that is only my opinion, and as MVE said you have no way off knowing if that is based on ten years at Flybe or ten months or even no years and no months anywhere except for microsoft flightsim - you will indeed have to sort the wheat from the chaff.