PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet vs BA commercial
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 13:12
harrogate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Silverjet ad is poor. The idea is a bad one and further to this, it suffers from style over content. Misses the point by a country mile.

A better idea would be to completely avoid getting hung up on BA and exploit the service points of difference they have with their offering.

Everyone has to start somewhere, but I think Silverjet need to stop going down this route. It's not too late to pass this ad off as naive misadventure and get on with the job in hand.

People love innovators, so Silverjet - being a premium brand - should start as they mean to go on. They should hire the chaps behind the Honda ads - Wieden & Kennedy. Those ads are clever, entertaining, ooze class and they make you think you're 'in the know' for driving a Honda.

And no - I'm not drawing comparisons between Honda and Silverjet. I'm merely using Honda as an example of premium brand marketing.

Can't believe that Silverjet spent a fortune reforming and hiring the original makers of the BA ad. Surely someone should've questioned such a massive misjudgement?

PS - The total cost of the new ad was a lot more expensive than the original, inflation taken into account.

PPS - To remember an ad is not the sole purpose. I continually remember the Picture Loans TV ads. I remember what a tw*t that guy is and I remember never to go to Picture Loans for a loan.