PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -2
Thread: MANSTON -2
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 08:08
Morbid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps its the start of bigger things, perhaps in Manston, perhaps in Prestwick, perhaps its nothing... Perhaps 2+2 is making 5 and perhaps it has nothing at all do with Manstons future.

I donīt see how these events can be considered newsworthy in relation to Manston along with some of the other dribble that gets posted in this thread re colours that buildings have been painted or even that a plane did circuits and bumps.... For an airport that has done nothing (apart from the Eujet fiasco) in the last 40 years why have things changed all of a sudden and why do people take the airport so seriously? My (intended to be) humerous post on the last page was for precisely this reason.

Yes, it would be great if Manston went on to bigger things but lets try to have some balance and objectivity in the reporting... at the moment its someone saying "I saw a seagul" and a response of "Aha, that was a precursor to a new start up from India, BS Airlines launching flights with a B747 to New York via Gibralter." To which someone replies "no way" only to be told "Anything could happen in the future, why be negative"... Page after page of dribble if you havenīt already got my point.

Before anyone doubts my intentions, yes I do support Manston and would like to see it expand (or better put utilized) but wishful thinking isnīt going to help the matter. Does being a realist signify that Iīm anti Manston??? Like I said lets just have some objectivity and balance in the reporting....