PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 07:17
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

BEagle,

I think you might be correct in which case my concerns will be unfounded but they do exist at the moment. We shall see what happens.

The Vulcan, as an ex-military aircraft that will have a permit to fly issued by the CAA, will not require VOC to hold an AOC. That is only needed for commercial air transport operations. It will be maintained by an A8-20 approved organisation and operated in accordance with CAP 632, as are all such aircraft.

Some ten years ago I retired from the CAA. Up to that time very few folk within the CAA at senior level thought the aircraft would ever fly again. Several said it would be over their dead bodies as it could never meet the level of safety required. They have been proved to be men of little faith in the determination of a huge number of people from all walks of life who have indeed worked a veritable miracle. Yes, the CAA have been supportive in recent years. It has not always been so.

As we approach that day of lift off I wish the project well and look forward to seeing that, once familiar, black triangle silhouette against an English sunlit blue sky.

Cheers,

Reaper 69