PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverted roll with C-172????
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2007, 03:40
Gipsy Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The point hadn't gone unnoticed o,nb.

Those with any proper understanding of the subject have all been saying the same thing ad nauseam, which is why I wonder at the longevity of this thread.

GQ.

PS Thanks LowNSlow for (unwittingly?) correcting me.

In my earlier post I remarked that the jury strut played no part in "flying/landing loads". Clearly, -g in flight would put the main strut in compression and requiring the control of the jury strut. Similarly, heavy landings and the like would impose negative loads on the same strut so my previous assertion was incorrect in this particular respect. I'm obliged to you. Your moniker suggests you might be an Auster owner? LowNSlow it is; not much choice if you've got the Cirrus Minor engine!

I don't know why it should, but mention of the flap control reminded me of the park brake mechanism. Made by Bluemels, I think, and used on the contemporary Ford Popular and Prefect amongst others. Elevator trim handle ex-Vauxhall 10/12/14 window winder by Wilmot Breeden.

Why is it that I find myself blankly staring at a shelf in Sainsburys, wondering why the hell I'm there but have no difficulty in remembering this useless trivia from fifty something years ago?