PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally, some balls - NJS Pilots take industrial action
Old 5th Oct 2007, 01:23
Whiskey Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blaster 666 you are the sheep in this instance. If you did some research before you started tapping away you would understand a few pertinant facts. AWA's and CA's are significantly different documents. As the study performed by Uni NSW pointed out, people on AWA's in bottom level employment are $100.00 worse off than people on CA's and work longer hours. The study found some other inequities with regard to T&Cs as well. I will add that Joe "Shrek" Hockey was critical of the study that his govt half funded, calling the academics union lackeys. He's now in for a defamation suit if he doesn't apologise, but hey he got media play.

There are and have always been significant differences between AWA's and CA's. They relate to the whole working group being able to bargain, not individuals and the people following them into jobs not being placed in a position of getting less than their peers for the same job. Now if your argument is that people are different and some work better than others then put those conditions in the CA. They are as flexible a document as AWA's. They also have a level of protection with regards to minimums offered to new starts.

Now Blaster you strike me as the sort of person that would undermine the common good to get those extra bits of silver for yourself. If I'm wrong I apologise, but the ideal of social justice is probably lost on you. I'll say again I wish the NJS mob all the best and hope they don't become too polarised and everyone in the process gets a decent say. Without sounding like a cliche it's important you all stand together and don't let people get marginalised on both sides of the argument.

Sorry for the long post again people but this propaganda without facts is getting tiresome.

Last edited by Whiskey Oscar Golf; 5th Oct 2007 at 02:05. Reason: punttation