PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spicejet v Jet v Air India Express
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 22:22
Nevrekar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spicejet is a smaller "friendlier" outfit and you can have a personal rapport with all concerned. There are a great bunch of guys here. We have expat pilots from the US, Australia, Trinidad, Indonesia, Thailand, Saudi Arabia and we seem to be outnumbering the Indian Capts. No Indian's are joining Spicejet as Capts as of late. We are hiring non NG qualified Capts with high PIC jet time (B747/B777/B757/767).We are short Captains and hence you will work pretty hard. You probably will not get the 8 days off a month mentioned in your contract. Expect to fly 6 days a week and a minimum of 100 hrs a month. Monthly roster is published but not followed. Daily schedule changes (most airlines here are no different). Hotels are becoming an issue as F/O's are being moved to guest houses. Capt's based in Delhi are being moved to other hotels. With overtime you will make about the same as Jet/AI express if not more. Spicejet hopes to start International flying next year. We just got a HAJ contract in Nov from AI express. Frankly I am not sure how we are going to pull it off. We can barely fly our normal schedule with the folks we have. Korean Air and others are offering better terms (12 days off guaranteed with positive space tickets home, plus $9500/month base, plus housing etc).NG offers are plently these days. I am here with my family (apartment) and so many of these issues don't affect me, other than rostering. Hope that this post gives you an honest view of the place. Best wishes.