PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 18:25
cmwangs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Africa/Nigeria etc.

I spent days reading this thread through - interesting reading! After been subjected to Warri, 5N-BHL and the occasional check ride by whom I suspect is the Major, I decided to leave and attend other more profitable efforts in the Middle East. It is obvious Nigeria has changed - for the worse.
It seems to me that those who made their proverbial beds now have the delicate problem of sleeping therein - with or without local benefits!
Since Nigeria et al is sooo baaaad, then why stay? There are soo many better salaries out here, in better conditions, with only minor irritations attached. So the life of an expat is difficult and challenging - and your collective points are what?? Go pay the Tax Man! Or even better - go and work twice as hard at home for meager funds.
SASless used the term 'Tea Bag' because he meant exacty that - wet, limp and without flavor - HELLO!! I too have many Brits as friends, but, there comes a time when enough is enough!
One would have thought that with unacceptable conditions and aircraft, the next move would be OOL - Out Of Lagos. Sorry Toto, this ain't Kansas, but follow the Yellow Brick Road, lots of them out there!
This is Helicopter Industry; politics reigns supreme as everywhere else and will continue to do so until a stand is taken - by whom? - The ones who actually do the work out there habitually flying questionable aircraft to line the pockets of those who sign the paycheques, drive Mercedez Benzes/ Jaguars, then squabble about funds for the pilots! Nothing will change that. International politricks is, for the most part out of our reach.
WE are the ones who have the power to change that attitude, but instead of taking the challenge, over 100 pages are spent on what can best be described as drivel; entertaining, but.....
Take a stand - LOTS of jobs out here!