PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE Sector Frequencies
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 07:22
Thridle Op Des

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UAE Sector Frequencies

Could someone from UAE centre please help me. I came in from PURDA inbound to BUBIN last night and was unable to contact Bahrain on any HF or VHF frequencies. Not having a hand over frequency I then tried to call UAE centre. The Jeppesen en-route charts we use are particularly hopeless on UAE (and Muscat) FIRs; we are presented with a box containing 5 frequencies and no indication at all as to which to use. All I could do was dial through them to see who I could hear. The first I got was 132.15 which we usually use out of Tehran FIR, a quick call finally got me the right frequency.

As we descended over Al Ain, I heard a poor Indian Airlines pilot get a rollocking from some one in UAE center for entering the FIR on the wrong frequency, probably for the same reason.

Guys, if for some reason we don't get a handover from the previous sector, and this happens a lot entering Muscat from Mumbai Ocean, we don't always have a clue which frequency to establish first contact, please bear with us and just let us know who to call, we all hate to be in anyone's FIR without the proper contract.

Could someone give me a list of entry waypoints with their sector frequencies, I will knock up my own little aide memoire so at least one of us can come up and talk to the right person.

PS - does anyone have the history as to why Bahrain has responsibility for that huge FIR sector in the Empty Quarter?

Regards

TOD