PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New contracts are comin!!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2007, 03:13
The Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally most of you have accepted it. This will make it more pleasant for you and yes time is running out.

Just a reminder, that we still have an intimidation clause in Volume 1, so remember this when you are flying with one of our ex-ASL employees, you are being watched. If at any time they feel threatened or intimidated, they are asked to submit names to the 3rd floor. Consider yourself warned. One does not want to lose one’s job or be held back from upgrade now do we?

You see we always win and there is nothing you can do because you are cowards. Can’t even protect your own contract, we just keep taking and taking. Like candy from a kid really.

Looking forward to the new AFTL’s, you will enjoy them. We will receive yet another huge productivity gain for free. Here’s to that huge bonus.

Barring the housing and benefits, the Hong Kong based crews are extremely cheap. Much of our income is from other currencies which mean more profit for The Cathay Pacific Group and more bonuses.

The bonus keeps getting bigger and bigger and from the bottom of MY bonus, I thank you.

Unfortunate news is we may have to pay the thirteenth month to our Hong Kong based employees. If that changes, you will see our propaganda machine start up with the high cost of fuel and lower yields, so standby.

I would like to thank all the based crew whom went the extra effort this year but unfornately you will not receive a thirteenth month. Quite unfortunate but you signed it away many years ago, but thanks for the effort. It still increases my bonus which is the most important thing.

Again to all the crew who are helpful, professional and happy working for The Cathay Pacific Group we thank you, keep up the good work.

What many don’t realize in Hong Kong is we can impose any contract on our employees as long as it is an improvement in your Conditions of Service.

What we will do is implement many aspects of the previous offer and more but will offer a minimal pay rise. This pay rise will form part of your improved contract. If you accept the pay rise then you accept all other aspects of the new contract by acquiescence.

As we know pilots are greedy selfish people.

If you do not accept the new contract, you will have to write to the GMA saying you do not accept the new contract and pay rise. We will gladly not give you a pay rise.

We have contracts with many pilots in The Cathay Pacific Group; if we have two Conditions of Service it makes no difference to us. Look out DEFO's, there will be a merged pay scale.

As we know most will sign but some may elect to remain on the old contract at their peril (dismissal or non upgradable). You have that right as you are on separate contracts.

If the KA pilots feel left out, don’t. Yours is coming. We have seconded our Flying Management to see how we can integrate the pilots on our lower contract.

Most will sign to have an opportunity for a base. Some may say that the bases are full but we only publish what we need you to know. With our increase service to all continents there will be many more bases in the base area of your choice.

There will be many changes to The Cathay Pacific Group in the coming years and it will not be seen as beneficial to the pilots. Not many will leave as I have stated before. Most pilots just like to whine about leaving but never do. All talk. Typical pilots.

The Management