PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Migraine question
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 23:37
gart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
migraine+aviation?

Most of everything you said about your migraine and your circumstances about wanting to fly are exactly equal to my situation + I'm same age also. Only difference between the two of us is that I wanted to fly military aircraft in the RAF. I went along to the P1 interview when I was 20 and migraines came up! I wanted to fly since the age of 8, but it seemed there was no way round it! I was pretty pissed off!

Like you - zigzag migraine worm, that comes after noticing blind spots (usually I notice missing information in my vision - text is common detector- when I cant read some of it). Half hour - and I'm OK, but feel bit washed out, and I don't normally get bad migraine head aches!

I, like you, felt like not letting it get in the way of what I wanted to do (they have no proof I even have them), but then I thought about the consequences of what cloud happen if i was in the sky and got that nasty condition. The other thing about migraines is that they get worse with stress and bad sleep, something that seems to go hand in hand with the aviation business (civil and military). I was also told I couldn't even join any role as air crew and not even ground role until I was migraine free for at least 2.5 years, something that hasn't happened yet! I get them around 10 times a year or less. If I was in the military, I would probably get them more, as I would be under more pressure!

I'm actually quite worried about them effecting me on the motorway, as I'm getting a motorbike soon!