PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS UK - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2007, 11:11
Hyena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gromegrom.

I cant really help you with all your questions regarding commuting as I dont do it myself.
It must be possible as we have crew that commute.

As for your family/friends. If you list your parents as your group A id 90 travellers then you may list your siblings as your group B. To list your family you require a birth certificate etc. If you list your parents then they remain there for life and cannot be changed. If you list your family then you cannot have you partner/travel companion.

Should you wish to list a partner or companion as group A then you are not able to have any one else use your concessions. You do not require any proof of relationship just their passport details and they can be changed every 6 months.

There are no concessionary travel for your friends at all.

It is quite a complex system with very little, if no flexability in the rules.

I understand that they raised the bar on the min requirements to be offered a position with QCCUK.
That is great as it means we get the best of the bunch. But you will also find that new recruits will have a very high expectation of working for QCCUK and it may not turn out they way it was sold. Therefore you may see a higher amount of people leave as they know they are worth more.

I dont want to put a dampner on your well deserved efforts to be accepted to the team. I am sure you are excited to start and dont want to bring that down. This is simply my own personal experiences and thoughts on the matter.

See you online soon