PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bond/OAT "Sponsorship"
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 22:45
Bravo73

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fully Coupled
Bravo 73 you seem to be contradicting yourself in that you state that there is a queue of offshore pilots who wish to go onshore and will get preference through seniority then in your next post say that they probably won't want to because of the different pay structures!
There is no queue!
You're right. On reflection, I should've said 'if' any pilots want to come onshore.

Originally Posted by Fully Coupled
Whilst 'currently not big players in the onshore UK charter market', Bond Offshore have flown several VIP trips, unless personages such as the Prime Minister don't fall into your category of VIP!
I guess that you're refering to the electioneering trips from a few years ago. Laggie's mention of 'onshore, maybe vip' hardly encompasses those very rare trips. (You'll also notice that my original post actually states "Bond Air Services are currently not very big players in the...". No mention of Offshore on my part.)

All I've tried to do is inject a sense of reality in to what would appear to be several wannabes' dreams of the future. The bottom line is that the cadets are going to go straight on to NS crew change duties. After a couple of years, some of them might get moved onto Jigsaw. And, as TeeS has outlined, after a few more years, some might be given the opportunity to move onshore. But there's certainly no chance of '2 years here, then 2 years there then 2 years over there'.

From your profile, Fully Coupled, it looks like you might be a current Bond Offshore pilot. Are you?