PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands Flying School
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 22:20
autothrottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too agree whole heartedly , this is very , very sad. I have been flying on and off for 17years in the likes of ON, IM, ZP, RY, GO, GP. Did all my PPL ratings there at EMFS. It was EASILY the best run school I have ever come across with Highly professional instructors and the Legendary Bill and Gill. It is the end of an era where well trained pilots were a matter of course.

One or two little stories that make me smile when I think about them:

The first is the generosity if Bill and his lovely wife Gill. I had booked some hour building out in the states to prepare for BCPL training when the company concerned went out of business, taking my ( and a lot of others) money with it. I was shattered and popped in for a coffee to share my story. Bill and Gill not only listened but even did me a brill deal on block booking PA38"ER". Thats the sort of people they are .

The second involved two instructors there in the early 90's . I shall call them SNORKEY and PR. How many of you got roped into 'POPPING" into Nottingham or Leicester for a bacon sani or full english? I know I did and they were HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for starting my aviation career in the best way, Bill and Gill . All the best.

JS