PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how?
Thread: how?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 18:59
smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a strange world, but for example a top surgeon as well as being academically brilliant, has to show great artistry and manual dexterity when carrying out complex and intricate surgery. Other doctors may have the academic qualifications but not the intricacies to carry out surgery. This comparison could be akin to pilots.

I myself have a degree and found the academic side (ATPL's) challenging but not too demanding, however I find the practical side of flying far more challenging in terms of co-ordination, accuracy etc this is probably something you are born with or are not.

So WWW, I know that you have to have use some sort of screen to whittle down CV's and academic qualifications is a good start. On the other hand you could be throwing CV's in the WBP that belong to better actual flying pilots than those with academics.

I suppose going through CTC a PILAPT or other test wil be used to whittle down the ones with lack of co-ordination, and all reaching that stage will have have the academics required.