PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss Air
Thread: Swiss Air
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 18:39
oscarbravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

I used to work for Swissair and then Swiss from 1995 to 2003. I started as things were still good and the job, eventhough tough at times, still enjoyable. I flew long haul from day one,..ZRH-BOS on the 747 as a first flight. 10 day far east rotations,...long South America rotations, etc,...
Work conditions did change a lot throughout the years.
It is true that there were tensions between LX crews and former SR but I have never witnessed any discrimination on any of the flights I worked. In all fairness, I think I can say that these tensions came from both sides. Whether they were justified or not is another matter.
I still keep in touch with many of my former colleagues and according to most of them, flying at the moment isn't what it used to be. EU-rotation have become much tougher, long haul much shorter (the best I think at the moment is a 3 night BKK trip, but I might be wrong).
I do fly LX from time to time as a pax from far east to Europe and while not being outstanding they can really be compared to most major carriers on this sector, at least in business class.
Anyone interested in working at LX,..let me know and I can get first hand info from people who still work there.

Many happy landings,

oscarbravo