PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schragge Musik!
Thread: Schragge Musik!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 12:11
LowNSlow

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Kitbag Size isn't everything but speed is I see the radar array but I suspect that the gun pointing upward is just the rear defensive machine gun hangining in it's mounting. Could the radar have been used for shipping attack as the FW189 could carry 4 x 250kg bombs if memory serves me right? I don't think the top speed of 217 mph would allow it to readily catch the bomber stream cruising at around 200mph to easily. Even the Ju-88s and Me-110s needed water/methanol injection to give a boost to performance to overcome the significant drag of the radar arrays.

hogsnortrupert When he designed the Ta-154 it appears that Kurt Tank didn't seem to understand wood like de Havilland did as the gluing methods employed damaged the adjoining wood and compromised the structural integrity. Tank cancelled production after 8 prototypes, 7 pre-production airframes and 10 serial production airframes had been made. The better glue he was waiting for never materialised. Herr Tank did a cracking job of modifying his original FW-190 design to make it into the Ta-152 high altitude fighter though.

Last edited by LowNSlow; 2nd Oct 2007 at 12:22.