PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD80 plane crash in Phuket, Sep. 07
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 10:52
Mr_Hippo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMIT - "Just looking at it from a survival-technical viewpoint: I think this summers' flip-flop slipper fashion was an unfortunate one. I would not like to have walked through the crash rubble barefoot."

Flip-flops and shorts are standard out here, if you are not working - I last wore a pair of shoes when I came back from Manchester almost a year ago, long trousers I only wear when I go to the Immigration to sign my 90 day notice or other business. The next time that I will wear long trousers will be on Christmas Eve, again for 90 day reporting unless Mrs Hippo and I decide to spend Christmas in the UK again this year.
Personally I do not wear flip flops and shorts whilst flying and I wish we could get back to the days when people dressed casual and polite.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that shoes were removed when using the evacuation chutes.
Slightly off-topic: The award for the most inappropriate use of flip flops goes to Fireman al Obaishi [because of his small stature and rotundity also known as 'Egg on Legs'] of Station 4 (Landside) JED for attending drills and shouts wearing full fire suit and flip flops!