PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ajv contract in tokyo
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 10:49
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I filled out the application some months ago, they offered the interview, and I turned it down at the time for family reasons but have reconsidered and reapplied last week.

When I reapplied, they sent me a new sheet that had me state my preference and what I would do if not selected for those positions. I marked 1st choice AJV (passenger) CA, 2nd choice AJX (cargo) CA, and none of the F/O slots, saying I would continue applying until a CA position became available.

They sent me an email today offering an AJX CA interview slot. I inquired about the AJV side (passenger) and they didn't respond. A large part of the interest was flying in a passenger environment so I don't know how to be more firm about that without being abrasive or what they might term "disrespectful" of the opportunity.

They also mentioned the medical would be held IN ADVANCE of the interview and could be done in L.A. or New York (London and Paris as well).

Also said the interview would be held in South Korea? That one was news on me as well, as was their requirement for me to obtain and pay for air travel to/from the medical and interview and I would be reimbursed, although they were not specific on the reimbursement schedule.

Does anyone have any RECENT experience they can share? Most of the threads on here are at least half a year old or older. Rostering, whether you fly mostly with American / expat crews or mix with Japanese nationals, schedules, hotels, overnights location and duration, etc would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!