PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 10:32
Tappers Dad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GeoIntel

So please salute those lost in XV 230 for their voluntary service to their country and move on. I am sure they knew the risks, don't need lawsuits or conspiracy theories, and without brave people who volunteer to risk their lives for their country we would not enjoy the freedoms we have.
My son was fond of his quotes and you sound like a character from one of his favorite films.
A Few Good Men
Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup):

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post".

I am grateful for the blanket of freedom provided by our armed forces.
HOWEVER:

I will move on once I know why a 50 million pound ac exploded in mid-air.
I will question the RAF's duty of care.
I will question the validity of the Safety Case for this ac.
I will question why 14 good men died in an incident caused by some type of failure.
I will question the MOD lack of funding for the RAF.
I question why the MRA4 with a service life of 34 years.will be brought in without, nitrogen inerting system in the fully pressurized fuel containing probe(currently exists on MR2).
Without fuel tank protection.
Without under floor fire protection (currently on MR2).
Without bomb bay fire protection.
Without flight deck armour.

I am sure there are many who read this would prefer I said thank you, and went on my way.

Sorry it isn't going to happen, not just yet.