PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 08:25
Non-PC Plod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But.....what if all the world's scientific community is right, and we armchair experts are wrong? By the time anyone can prove that we are frying because of our 3 litre cars rather than sunspots, it just might be too late to do anything about it!
So, those who can ignore Kyoto and the advice of the best-informed on the subject can admire the emperor's new clothes and carry on looking after number one until a possibly? reversible situation has become irredeemable and we are all screwed.
Rant nearly over - I just think its supremely arrogant for people with massive cars, business jets or a hugely polluting economy to think that its perfectly OK to crack on, because its in their personal (short-term) interest to let someone else save the world. Before I invite a massive slagging-off from everyone else, I will just say that 99% of my flying has been in the service of the public, and the fuel I have burned was (mostly) justified.
Thats the blue touch-paper lit, now just getting my flak jacket & helmet on, and crouching under my desk.....incoming!!