PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - job in Kuwait
Thread: job in Kuwait
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2007, 07:04
Greeny9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kuwait

I did a couple of years with the kuwait police force air wing when it was run by Bristows. They only had EC135 then but now they also have AS365. They were building a new hangar when I left. Accommodation has changed since I left but I believe it is shared now. Pool cars supplied also. The shifts were noon to noon but generally you finished at 6 pm and started again at 6am. Occasional night flying meant you did stay on longer. Every second weekend off. Kuwait is generally better than Saudi but it is still the Middle East. Not a great deal to do in your time off. Eating out is very cheap. Plenty of booze around too regardless of it supposedly being a dry country. The Police management who call the shots do not have an aviation background which makes things difficult at times. The police engineers are generally nice blokes but of no use whatsoever. I don't think they are interested and they rarely came into the hangar. The rotation could be better. The 9 weeks drag. However, very easy job, slow slow pace of everything. I considered going back but the pay is well short of what it should be. When I was there you didn't have to be licensed but the pay and allowance package was better. Now they want licensed and pay less!! That's why it is continually advertised on job websites! However, I've been to worse places!!