PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 17:13
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian - back to your post #2527 - a long one and a lot to answer!

There is an even simpler way of taking over the automation : Close the Throttles !
- of course, but a chunk of posts here is about how to sort it out when they are not closed using 'black boxes'.
What, overriding the air/ground logic?
- I had hoped that WOW would cover that? From where do you produce the T/Rs and spoilers 'in the air'? If you are suggesting a WOW sensor failure AND a pilot pressing the button in the air AND a selection of either..........................
May be you could tell me if I'm wrong but wasn't what exactly what happened : T/L position = Thrust demand ?
- yes, but it has to remain there because we need to retain control over the engines for a g/a or whatever. Note I did not suggest forcing the engines to idle - and nothing else. You could introduce that but I would rather leave it to the crew (hopefully). The intent was to provide the other desired services such as spoilers and autobrake which were denied, but leaving the ultimate g/a option.

Please don't lead this AGAIN into a Boeing/AB rant - it was an A320 that crashed at CGH. All your Boeing events are really irrelevant to this accident, aren't they? Let's stay focussed please.