PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working in the US.
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 16:18
FlyTCI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the process too..

Hi all aspiring US residents
I just submitted my application for permanent residency this past Friday. For many years I have been told that I can't leave the country while waiting for my papers to be approved. To my big surprise I was told by the immigration officer who interviewed me and my US wife that I can come and go as I wish. As soon as I get the receipt for the application being officially accepted I can apply for advanced parole, which will be granted immediately. The reason some people are not allowed is due to their visa on which they entered the country. As a Swede entering on an I-94 things are different, for the better. This is great news to me since I am currently working as a freelance pilot in Africa.

Btw, I have been in contact with an immigration lawyer who was supposed to be in the knows, and she didn't tell me about this. To all of you considering hiring a lawyer to do your paper work, DON'T. All the information you need for the paperwork is on the www.uscis.org wbesite. If you have even half a brain and a case that is straight forward I suggest you save those thousands of dollars a lawyer would cheat you on.. You will need every dollar trying to survive on the low low wages being offered at the moment here in the US. Hoping things will get better soon though, as signs of that are starting to emerge.

Good luck to all of you guys trying to make it over here .