PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Flying School at YMMB
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 11:36
PlankBlender

RVAC -- avoid them!

Just to chip in my 2c's worth on the RVAC endorsement above, I would strongly urge any prospective student to evaluate that school carefully before they make their decision to part with their hard-earned!

I went there for some instruction on an ill-informed recommendation, and wasted hours on substandard instructors: No pre or post flight briefings to speak of, thereby provoking very avoidable cckups and thus the need for more flights.. go figure! Communication in general lacking to say the least, no attempt to understand the background or needs of the student, plus some of the worst instructional performance I have ever encountered in aviation (basically one guy who justed wanted to get his hours up and couldn't care less about the student, and another one who couldn't teach if his life depended on it and just grabbed the controls whenever he felt like it).

Now I am sure there are decent instructors around at RVAC and a lot of people will choose that established club for a lot of good reasons, so just be warned that you probably need to be more clued up than myself and make it very well understood what you need and want (not that I wouldn't expect from a good instructional institution of any ilk to figure that out FOR the student ).