PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Value of Used Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 10:07
sternone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a little bit (litte bit) like with sailboats, some manufactures came with prices on the market (bavaria, ...) that were the same or lower than some second hand boats and alot of people who weren't sea rats bought these things togheter with renting companys, the result is that there are way to much sailboats for sell wich drops the price and raises the time a sailboat gets sold...

I'm looking at both: new and used planes, i'm gonna buy a plane as soon as i'm rated but when i look at the second hand market i have noticed:

* there are way to much planes for sale, the market offering is much higher than the market demand
* second hand planes tend to be on the market for long periods (6months - 3 years)
* second hand planes gets sold for ALOT less than they are advertised (up to 40% ?)

Anyways, buying a plane isn't a rational descision, you shouldn't buy a plane normally......if it floats, flies or f*cks: rent it!

Luckely in life we have kicks out of emotional descions like buying and owning a plane, but you must know that emotional items costs somethimes a lot of money! A plane is not an investment.

I agree with IO540 that for way to less money you can get a capable non-glass aeroplane these days...but remember this: resale value of your bargain will be even more less!!!