PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 09:51
Busy Climbing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stapleford

I finished at Stapleford end of July also and agree with what was said above, although I never really got caught out with that booking sheet, I did ask for an instructor change at one point, felt I was standing still a bit on the IR, but the school were very accommodating and I was well on my way in no time.

When I was trying to decide where to go I visited Cabair at Cranfield, they had one of these open days where they're supposed to be able to answer all your questions. Well they couldn't, it was as simple as that, and at the time they were dividing modular and integrated students by fleet.... integrated would get their hands on the DA40 then DA42 for the me/ir where as modular wouldn't get the new kit. I'm sure this isn't the case anymore, I think they have an all Diamond fleet now but it's an indication that management see you as a 'different opportunity'.

I don't know about you but I couldn't go somewhere that thinks you're a better pilot or more worthy because you're willing to put all your eggs in one basket and give an extra few quid for the privilege. We all know it's not true.

What I liked about Stapleford was the atmosphere there, a bit flying club at weekends, and professional during the week, and if you fancy a beer at the end of the day with the instructors it isn't frowned upon. In fact I found it to be very social, and all the staff there are a great laugh, a nice balance of hard work in a fun environment. That's what you need if you're going to be there a while....

Only thing I didn't do there was the MCC because I felt the European Aviation course offered better value for money, but things change week to week don't they so call it as you see it!

Above all good luck and enjoy your flight training, it's costing enough!