PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - What are they like to work for?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2007, 09:46
MVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's my 2p's worth....

5 on 2 off (normally!), if you do a 6 in a row you have to have a 3 off in that month. Never had a problem getting leave I wanted, never had a problem getting RDO's, had my fair share of 5 nights away covering due to shortage of FO's at various bases but new recruitment has now corrected that, good bunch of people to fly with and thankfully they have recruited a few captains who whilst they have lots of experience they're not on their last legs and all bitter and twisted about life! The buy out of BAcon was grossly mishandled from an HR point of view (ie they pis"£d off everyone who they should have kept happy) but the company seems to be in a good position and things seem to be improving all the time. The Q400 is more jet than turbo prop but the starting pay for new FO's is appalling and sadly our CC failed to prevent the company from dropping the salary (yes that's right it dropped!) It's not even enough to repay an Oxford loan as far as the HSBC are concerned!
But for a first job as a cadet (and lets face it beggers can't be choosers) you could do far,far worse (like contribute to the downfall of our industry and prostitute yourself and pay for a TR) The tr is payed for and you are bonded for 3 years, by that time you'll be a captain if you joined with any experience. You will be a jet fo within 3 years (if that's what floats your boat) and be able to move to a larger jet operator at the end of the 3 years if you wish.......