PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 23:15
ray cosmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You'd only have to pay for the TR if you leave earlier.
Per Diem around 800-1000 Eur indeed, I personally had a max. of 15 days where I had duty per 28 day roster over the last year. In that figur I also count days where I returned in LUX at 0600LT or had check-in at 2100LT.
All in all, if you live in the area, you really win a lot of time.
Strangely enough, it seems rosters for locals seem more friendly than the ones issued to commuters. Or to put it differently; Commuting for more than a few hours; certainly if it involves aircraft can be very tough on the person and his family.

After 600hrs on type and 3500hrs total you'll soon make a little over 5000Eur gross basic, since another index increase (auto salary increase in LUX) is expected soon.
So you could say, on a regular, normal month;
5000 basic
500 in night and Sunday supplements
1000 per diem net.

You'll pay "a lot" of taxes when single; married with 2 kids around 7%.
Only over the basic salary you pay the income taxes and 10,55% for Social Security and State Pension.
Over the night, Sunday and holiday supplements you only pay the contribution for Social Security and State Pension.

Its a worldwide and long haul freight operation; length of trips can be anywhere between 1 and 17 days; layovers between min rest and 5 days.
Very often around 20 hrs rest though on outstations, especially on the Eastern routes.

Last edited by ray cosmic; 1st Oct 2007 at 12:12.