PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverted roll with C-172????
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 22:21
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have PM'd S_S about his desire to self exclude. Having given the entire thread some thought, I was going to publish my thoughts on the S-S resigns/condolences thread - however that has evaporated.

Nevertheless, trivialising the consequences of someone £ucking-up will lead to complacency!

rmac - if you really want to learn about spin spin behaviour, there are a couple of quite readable references available. They all start by explaining A:B:C couples and the the effect of overcoming inertia and something to do with E=MxV(squared) vis a vis coefficient of liftxhalf rho squared x size of the lifting body.

Chap I know quite well, ex mil: bajillions of hours- span his new £200,000 aerobatic a/c, forgot that to check that tip tanks were empty and it took him 7,500' to recover. Just one more turn before he felt authority return and he and the pax were going to hit silk.

Aerobatting is my passion - but it can bite fools. Anyone doing it without training or in an a/c un-certified or trivialising the consequences of such, IMHO is a fekwit - far worse than a fool!

Stik