PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jobs
Thread: jobs
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 21:13
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that everyone should remember that when it comes round to looking at forums of this sort of course there will be more negativity than positivity with regards to the outlook of employment.

Not all people with a CPL/IR will get employment... it doesn't work like that! Otherwise everyone would take that leap to getting a flying job. The thing you should do is try and get yourself ahead of everyone else in your situation, just like you would with any other job. Get down your local flying club. I'd imagine there's plenty of good airline contacts to be had down there. And as Callsign Kilo said, you might as well become an instructor if you have no luck initially. Sure it's poor pay, but it isn't a full time job is it? And every single hour you log will make you look that bit better to prospective employers. if you really are that determined, you've got every chance that eventually luck will join your side.

I think that being 15 for now has its advantages, I have plenty of time to plan how I'm going to look good to an airline and get an interview once I get into your position.

Good luck!