PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Police Pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 12:50
ScrumpyLuvver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam

Mate.... if you could only caste into the future... The last thing I would want to seem is condescending but from experience I have a couple of sides that might help.

First, I blew school out.. I am 36 now and have had to work very very hard for what I have. This doesn't really carry for you because you already have the grades.

I joined the forces and had many chances to take the missed exams but I was way to busy living life and travelling the world and believe me Adam.. you play it right and you can easily travel the world.. I did in just 6 years.. Look into the Fleet Air Arm mate.. You won't get Apaches but you will get loads of travel.. My opinion only, as I have no experience of the RAF or AAC.

One thing I do know a lot about is PMA (Positive Mental Attitude). I have achieved everything in life because once I set my mind to doing something.. I do it. My father always told me never volunteer.. RUBBISH.. Volunteer for everything and do it to the best of your ability.. If the forces is not for you (I joined due to lack of choices but never regretted it..) then study all of the subjects you need to put yourself at the head of the queue when it comes to Bond, Bristows CHC etc etc when they are looking for ab initio's!!

One thing is clear Adam.. You have a lot of choices ahead of you and I wish you luck with whatever you choose to do in the future. Just be grateful that you have those choices... Oh and stop giving in so easily you will never get anywhere in life like that.

SL..