PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Supporting troops needn't mean backing war" - Boris
Old 30th Sep 2007, 08:46
Guzlin Adnams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Christ..........

A2QFI. Doesn't it make you proud to be British.
I guess what happens in our society and on the streets every day of the week is a sad reflection of a lack of genuine leadership for so many years.
Politicians putting themselves and "the party" first and not the country. Sadly that goes for a large percentage of the population as well.
All I can add is that my family and I appreciate greatly all that efforts that our servicemen make on our behalf. We also grieve for the fallen, their family and friends. I have had tears in my eyes many times when one of our servicemen has been killed. I look at my son and daughter can't help thinking that should they choose a career in the forces, one horrible day it could be them. I know that's selfish, I'm sorry.
Maybe they'll be no tickertape, no American stile pomp and no parades. Little gestures of thanks such as allowing them to jump the que in the bank, the pub or even the local chippy. Standing them a beer or two or just shaking a hand.
Good luck to you all and try to keep safe.
Mr, Mrs and the two little Guzlins.