PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Police Pilot
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 06:57
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah...most people think that sixteen year olds are "kids" and don't know anything about life, and that we are "jokes"... but in actual fact I have been looking into flying since I was 10, but never looked into Helicopter flying...hense my (I thought..) sensible question.
Adam,

I think you misunderstood the beater's reply. He was actualy amazed at how little you appeared to understand, and was only fairly kind to you because you're so young! Had you been my age, I suspect he'd have flamed you thoroughly, basically telling you to get lost, read LASORS, and come back when you had got some basic information right. Am I right, the beater?

You see, Adam, maybe it was late when you wrote your post, but it came over as you knowng b***** all! It sounded as though you thought you could get a PPL(H), and then fly commercially, without even a very stringent medical. Now, I've seen your other posts, and I know you've looked into flying and know a bit about it. But almost no-one else on Rotorheads does. And this forum isn't like Private Flying - most of the regulars are professional helicopter pilots, have little patience with wannabes, and think a thin skin is something that tangerines have. So if you want to post on here, that's fine. But you'll need to learn to put on your mental armour when you turn on your computer, and accept this rough and ready lot (oooo, they'll flame me for that ) for what they are. They know a lot, and you can learn a lot on here, but they won't be gentle with you...or not for long.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.