PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta AW139
Thread: Agusta AW139
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 01:01
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is the Chapter 4 of the EASA version of the AMPI, the FAA version is the same:
CAT. A Training Operations. For the parts listed in Table 3 a life penalty must be mandatorily applied whenever CAT. A Training Operations are performed. Flying hours (FH) spent in CAT. A Training must be multiplied by the specified factor. The penalty is applicable only to flying hours. (e.g.: Main Rotor Blade Assembly: Flight time spent during CAT. A Training Operations = 1 FH. Total accumulated FH = 1 x 2.0 = 2.0 FH).

Table 3 CAT. A Training Operations - Life penalty factor
Ref Part Part number Life penalty factor
RL012 Main Rotor Blade Assembly 3G6210A00131 2.0
RL022 MGB Shaft, Main Rotor 3G6320A01852 1.7
MGB Shaft, Main Rotor 3G6320A01853 1.7
RL031 MGB Rear Bracket 3G6320L00231 1.1

Now, Cat A training is not the use of 102%, it is the use of the OEI training switch. Using the switch changes the displays to indicate one engine out, and also winds back BOTH engines to simulate the power output of one engine. Hence the rotor will droop if you push things, and the blades will cone, a lot!!
Now, I'm trying to think where the definition of CAT A training is, and I think it is in the RFM. I don't have a copy of the latest RFM in front of me right now, but I'll see if I can get an answer for you.
Most 139 operators I've seen are just making an entry in the logbook stating that x minutes were spent CAT A training. The tech records people then apply the penalty factors, and record it on the component logcards
I hope this helps.
Hmm, it won't let me layout the freakin table properly. The penalties are, from the top, 2.0 (blades), 1.7 (MR Shaft), 1.7 (MR Shaft), and 1.1 (MGB Rear Bracket)
Cheers