PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways to buy 12 A380s
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2007, 00:19
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBernoulli
I have personally spoken to Virgin passengers who are not amused to sit in those stretched A340 cigar tubes and watch them bend noticeably in turbulence. At least one couple have said they will use 777s where they can.
Indeed, I am not thrilled by A346 either but the 744 is going to be phased out and there may not be many 748s around. But - the numbers of us that have a preference and check the a/c type that is normally scheduled on a particular rotation before booking...? I reckon there ain't many.

One example, friends of mine have the money to travel WT+(BA) or PE(VS) they have tried both and resolutely stick to the cheapest fares, even if it means a lay-over and plane change on some long haul.

Now, it is possible that some folks will take against the A380 (too big) but then, so did many about the B741. Overall, I agree with Max Angel that it a/c will gain a firm corner of the long haul market. I doubt that it will be as ubiquitous as the 744 but that is more due to a changing world. During the time ahead, Boeing will have more than enough a/c orders to keep them profitable.