PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA union or pilot club?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 10:54
Symbian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BALPA is not perfect but then who is!
Their stance on the ridiculous security we as crew have to endure annoys me as they make great claims as to what they have done on their site. When the reality is they have done very little other than write a few cosy letters to the authorities. When they should be holding them by the balls and telling them that their members will not put up with it any longer.

But in their defence they have much improved things where I work and I can honestly say I have very little to moan about because of their efforts.
They have also taken on and won concessions from the tax man which I or anyone else could not have done as an individual.

They are also the only show in town when it comes to that dark horrible place due to their worldwide connections and legal eagles that know aviation law.

As for the TGWU I’m sure they are very good and use to be a member years ago when I was in engineering. But feel they would be somewhat lost in the world of aviation due to no other reason than it is not their sphere of expertise.