PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hello MAS
Thread: hello MAS
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 09:40
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes you are right Flightdeckxxx. I have talked to many people about this over the past few years. Those who were working closely with MAPA during Niks time actually were very much against the idea of accepting the deal. Most other people I talk to about this episode seem to share your sentiments bro. That there was not enough proper understanding on what we were about to sign away. It was very very clear to me though.

There were no satay parties after this offer bro.It went straight to the EGM.I remember very clearly that Nawawi actually reiterated that if they ask for leave we must stand firm and say NO. Bro.....nobody was standing. PungKH resigned from training....who else?. What else. Let me tell you bro... I was an FO who lost all respect for the Captains I flew with that did not want to make a stand. Sad bro....if you were around during that time I am sure you saw what happened.

Wearing 2 hats: Yes this I agree. They did not seem to think that this was a problem. Hmmmm This should not happen. The funtion and priorities of higher management and MAPA leadership overlap only very very very rarely.

We all have our own perceptions on people who are in MAPA leadership and that is our individual right. The Pilots in management have also never ceased to amaze us with the speed at which the forget how to take care of the boys.....and you know what ....that is their right.

It is our right however to decide if we are going to be taken for a ride by any of them. In all things.....pilots really need to stick together and use that brains we are supposed to have. All the best to all of us.