PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting times in Aussie SAR/EMS
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 09:34
Torquer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are awaiting your employers approval to use NVG, then watch for the approval of the authorised training competency. It will dictate the minimums required to be deemed comptent to use the kit, and ergo, receive endorsement from CASA to use them in an operational environment. As someone who had a 'large' hand in the drafting of the standards, I would suggest you do the following to easily achieve accreditation.

1. Keep your NVG training record handy. It will be required by an aviation RTO to endorse your training against the standard and CASA CAO.

2. If you have NVG instructional experience from over half a decade ago and haven't used it, you will be required to either demonstrate competence or redo the training to gain an instructional endorsement.

3. Under half a decade, you will either have to demonstrate competence (flight test) or show evidence of competence against the TAA04 Certificate of Training and Assessment to become an NVG instructor.

4. To prove your competence to use NVG, you will need either evidence of a training course via an avaition RTO that holds the NVG competency standard on their Scope of Registration or demonstrate evidence of competence from previous training (ex military preferred)

And then you will have to find a supplier and a trainer that can prove they know what they are talking about. Good luck. Or you could ask me here to find out more. Because I can count on one hand the people in Australia who know all the facts about civil aviation NVG regulations, training and use. Not the bull****ters or those who heard from a mate how they work etc. The facts.