PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways to buy 12 A380s
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 09:11
tornadoken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A380 Engineering/LHR.

Single-shift segmented checks only, exploiting schedule lull. See CX/QF/SA, LHR today. If new bays are to be erected around TBD they will displace Britannia/Comet bays, fit only for English Heritage. A380 tear-down from c.2020, will be far away. The impelling logic is in factories serving all OneWorld - "I do this, you do that". See ATLAS, DC-10, 1970. No carrier, not embedded in Heavy Engineering, would enter it for a small fleet. See Lord King and catering: "I want to eat bread in my cabin, but I don't need to bake it."
Please exorcise "cheap-labour": HKG/SIN are not low-labour-cost, LH/Beijing is not, and the rest of China soon won't be. But their Heavy Maintenance Visit-expense is lower than LHR/HAM/CDG, due to lower cost of land, energy, and their 24-hr. activity. BAA and nearby landlords do not want any of that noise and dirt, and charge, wounded-bull, for their land-asset. See the Hatton Cross caterer: now a warehouse, whose pickers don't picket. BAMC won 747 over more distant sites because BA extracted EU dole for ex-coalminers, while employing none. The fulcrum for all -8- types is the Orient, which is where they will be Heavied.