PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS UK - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 05:03
Hyena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Groom.....

I suppose I am not trying to say that Qantas has terrible staff travel, just that there are other airlines who offer better staff travel. Virgin Atlantic is a great example.

Possible issues with Staff travel in London is the fact it takes up to 7 days for a ticket to be issued so if you decided to leave tomorrow on holiday you can forget using your concessions.......and 3 months to obtain a refund. The restrictions on the number of tickets you can purchase for family or your companion....the fact that Qantas will not upgrade staff yet BA will not only put their crew first, they also have been known to look after QF very well also. Sad we cannot return the kind gesture.

Hey Lowerlobe.

At a guess I think there are certainly more LH crew over here now...and a lot more Syd crew than I thought at first. I guess they are the ones that didnt have venom pouring out of their teeth at the London base in the beginning .
But in saying that there is a real mix of bases and I understand there are 16 or so ex Aus airlines crew about to come online.
There are a lot of crew who are returning home in the early months of 2008 so unless there are a lot coming up from OZ then I guess the numbers are going to change a lot in the coming months. So keeping our crew numbers steady over the next 6 months is going to be something to watch.......

Only yesterday the base was calling in crew from days off, returning from trips etc to fly back out as we were very short on crew again. Only a few weeks ago they were asking crew to give back their annual leave to crew trips. But they are currently recruiting so i guess they are just trying to get through till the new recruits come online.....or too many people have left at once.....