PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2007, 03:19
armchairpilot94116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do think that most contributors of this thread are not in it for personal profit or even recognition. I do think that it is because they are driven by the gravity of this particular accident. In the back of our minds surely is the thought that nearly 200 people died in this tragedy. I do believe that is a major reason this thread has attracted so much attention and contribution. I do believe that most avid readers and contributors to this thread do this out of respect for those who died and feel a need to know how it can be avoided.

We have researchers that have taught us how to logically think out a problem. We have professional pilots that have taken a lot of effort to educate those (such as myself ) who are not pilots and provide us with their expertise. Especially those who are current on Airbus A320.

Some ideas are thrown about, a few personal volleys traded. Inevitable as people get involved. Sound minds are questioned. Through all this , I do believe its our quest to discover the truth of what happened and how to best prevent a recurrence. Some can be thanked for thoughtful contribution. Others contributed something important by chance.

We have Brazilians driven by the love of their country to seek out who is really responsible for this Brazilian tragedy. I said responsible, not necessarily in order to assign blame. I am Taiwanese American. I read how a veteran pilot said he nearly lost it on landing at Sungshan and remembered Transasia had an overrun there and found a link to it. Some Airbus pilots found and read the final report to that accident and wrote about the alarming similarity to what happened at Congonhas. Thats just what I meant when I said some contributed by chance. Whereas others have put a lot of thought and experience into their contributions and they are to be thanked for their efforts.

I do think that this thread has helped the relevant authorities in their quest for the truth and actions taken or to be taken to avoid a recurrence in general and at Congonhas in particular.

And I say let the ideas continue to flow and the questions continue to be asked. Personally I like to think that there are no stupid questions , only stupid answers.

Edit: Why am I saying this now? Just to keep us all focused and less personal volleying.

Last edited by armchairpilot94116; 29th Sep 2007 at 03:38.