PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CRM – The new religion
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 20:26
hoggsnortrupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Participation:

CARVE111:

Tk's mate.

Good instructors:Particularly ones that have had first hand experience.
I had to endure a CRM refresher in Geneva/Berne, tought by a young T--n Air instructor that lectured us all "mechanically" and refered to the 79 A-NZ Erebus crash as being caused by the "SILLY PILOT's breaking company SOP's and changing a series of Wpt's to navigate AROUND the mountain:
To which point I stood up and said how wrong he was, and that maybe he should lecture on subject matter he understood, I suffered the wrath from a senior company person on the course with us, this individual said the moral was not the accident but the failure to use company SOP's???????????? this "Tutonic" (he was Austrian) would not entertain reason.

Now: the next course in Berne/Geneva, we had a DHL 757 driver, ex 727 chappie.
This guy was good, and he came from EXPERIENCE, he had faced his DEMONS, he had been SCARED, and when he asked Q's, like WHAT IN FLIGHT EMERGENCIES has anyone here had, there was minor everyday stuff.
I started to squirm in my seat when he asked about the "F" word, even I could see that I was the only one apart from the instructor, that was not at all comfortable, when he asked about "F"word, I think I nodded my head, he "uncomfortably" "respectfully" zeroed in, asked what it was like? to which I replied "not a very nice experience" and "We" were only too willing to leave it at that, but I know from something UNSPOKEN this chappie had had the same, I could tell it in the way he asked the question, his body language, his LIP/facial expresion, and the "Instant" unspoken bond, "sound corney or what".

BUT: The point I am making is just that I could have contributed more, and In light of my then present peer's, It was just I felt an innappropriate "place" to share my successes

In saying this: it is my "Unfounded" belief that the MILITARY is more open to this sort of thing.

Maybe, Human factors classes should only relate to the mandatory membership and attendence of those that have either had problems or Suffered Major mechanicals/Events? and the info filter down that way.

As I say "I don't know", and perhaps this has diversed somewhat from the religous fervor aspect.

But the Q remains: Who would you want teaching you.

Now do I post this? or delete it!

H/Snort