PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generic Interview & Recruitment Questions II
Old 28th Sep 2007, 17:17
blondechick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ve had my dyslexia diagnosed when i was at primary school. I had it both Maths and english but mainly now in maths always have a calculator with me but always use spell check anything i post too! just in case.

I got a job with easyjet 2 years ago although i no longer work there am at bmi. I went for my interview but didnt tell them at the time bout my dyslexia (should have) and luckly they gave out calculators for the maths exam so i passed but on training i did say and they were GREAT they say said if i need help in any exams just ask as they told all the examiners bout this which was fantastic. All employers cannot discriminate against you if you have this. Yes i suppose i did have to study slightly harder than others as i have a terrible memory and takes awhile for me to get my head around things but then i did the same on my school exams and I passed all my easyjet exams didnt even need any resits! which i was well chuffed bout!! Yes I did find the exams the first time around hard as i'm better on pratical things than written but when it came round for re-current I knew what I was taking bout as i'd flowen for a year which helps.

I did go for an virgin interview and didnt tell them and failed to even finish the maths exam in the allocated time given. After they told me they did say i should have said and they would have given me more time but i didnt and i didnt go back for another interview with them suppose i was too embarrassed to as i'd failed the first time round.

But when I went to my BMI interview I did say and they were great again bout things same as easyjet in taking exams although having some flying experience did help the second round time not so hard

Hope this helps and you go for the interview all i will say is tell them as they will be understanding trust me I know good luck