PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Supporting troops needn't mean backing war" - Boris
Old 28th Sep 2007, 16:13
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boris may be a politicain but he's a journalist first. i heard a very good interview excerpt from him on radio 2 yesterday and i have to say i totally agree that yes the armed forces should be totally supported in the work that they do. i mean what the hell is going on with our "society" these days???!!!??? you should all be totally revered and respected and blatantly adored basically in my view, but sadly the cretins we are forced to share oxygen with do not seem to think that far.

i have in my work to help the herc community had to take part in stop the war stuff. i lost bob in the war and i'm so bloody mixed up about wether we should be there ever....i digress, sorry, the simple fact remains that my stance has always firmly been it is essential that we support the troops that are fighting( well, all of you in fact but you know what i mean). i have stood up in front of an anti war protest in our great capital and driven this point forward, that we should be supporting our troops not simply shout troops out. 40,000 faces staring at me (i was told it was that many, but didn't bother counting).

i think we can afford to give boris a go...god knows..mayor today..prime minister tomorrow.