PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hello MAS
Thread: hello MAS
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2007, 15:08
Brianigham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say " Mat tongkang" that was not the kind of details i was looking for la.
That may have happened quite some time ago. I probably wasnt around yet.
Don't think Kamil is a force at all now though.
The current prez has done so much for us la. We got that 25% pay rise on basic and some 60% on productivity.....i forget details. So many many issues are settled and are being settled.Prductivity is now tax free. The other senior exco guys have also put their neck out for us and we have not lost a single thing in our MOU for a long time now.
Even the previous exco was not too bad la. I think all teams suffer from fatigue. We then have to pick from amongst ourselves people who are capable of holding the fort for the next few years. I remember the time when Johan was president. He was very very instrumental in putting MAPA in good shape. Boy did he grow some grey hairs. Even Nawawi did us some service. The truth of the matter is us the boys need to open our eyes and see clearly. Many blame Nawawi for the loss of ten days in annual leave. I actually met Nawawi and Nik after their meeting with HR with the final deal, before they put it to the floor. They were not happy at all with what they had to present to us. I know they did hella ve lot of work. I told them outright that my vote was no! Reject!, but the mandate was then to bring it to the members.
We as a team voted yes. We did it to ourselves. The reason for that is that generally speaking "as a people" we are spineless. There are times when we have gotta be good followers. The presidents put their necks out when they call for the book to be adhered to. Mind you we are in boleh land. The pilots dont waste a single breath in accepting the first Under table deal. Therefore .....no strength. Of course there are a few hardcore fellas who will stand behind the people they voted in. This is what keeps us going la bro.
The other option is for us to vote with our feet.
I am really saddened by many of the post about and from guys who have left MH. Those who are still here salute you guys and always wish you blue skies and green backs, however we always end up seeing postings comparing those who have left and the daft who stay.
Not all who left are the cream of the crop, of course now with lenny going, thats a lot of cream wasted la. Kudos lenny!
There are some real great blokes who are still around. Some of us like myself ( not ace la , just plain ol line pilot), who are actually living our dreams. Sure .....comparatively the cash is a little sad,but I look forward to every flight. I can still conjure up a few "sardine packed" taxi rides with our set, the great card games. The late night chats and innocent walks down by the riverside KCH with the girls.Nowadays we take the sampan across the river for some good seafood. Its still a very nice place to work, when you take your eyes away from the rot thats happening with admin.
Some of us who are from around KL, get to have dinner at our parents place and with our inlaws. The kids grow up with gramps and tug along to the golf course to be awed and spoilt silly by the old men.....
When dad goes in for that angioplasty ( god forbid ) we pick the phone up and tell the FM "geng" ......its done!
Of course there is the -ve. The new lords have decided that pilots now report to 2 lady bosses who are not pilots. Well thats sad. Now we have these 2 questioning pilots on why they do this and that.The legacy of the MAS pilot is fast drawing to a close. What we need is a U turn.
I seriously belief ( like the miss usa NC) thata osama the time we lose out, but a if we helpa countries like the south africa and eyeraq, we will one day be able to pick ourselves up.
If you are ex MH......wish us well la bro.
Wish us a good flight ops team and a good mapa team, then we can build up to a good MH team.
It just must be done.